Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Love Dont Live Here by Author Shana Jay

Where did those feelings go?
I search deep only to realize they have left me 
Released without my consent 
Those words so harsh maybe I should repent 
Its not the same when we fuck 
It use to make sense like Olivia and Huck
Even though it wasn't said often you could feel the love 
That I would kill for you kind of love 
That Im in it for the long haul kind of love 
I’ll have all your babies kind of love
Rushing home to get to you kind of love
Clean up my house and cook for you kind of love
When my phone rings hoping its you kind of love
Now I hold the keys to a vacant part of me
Im very comfortable with the idea of being alone
I really should write a song
If love ever came to visit it wouldnt be the same
I would say go back the way you came
Im now able to see through all the bullshit
Love was about to get my ass whipped
Talking crazy instead of speaking words that would build
Pointing fingers, debating hard then forgetting the topic
Cant enjoy the gifts of love for reliving the pain
Love is hard work but I was putting in over time even in the rain
Tired of needing and seeking approval from someone who couldn’t handle my popularity
Just another casualty
Playing games but you’re too old for this, its too much
Not caring about feelings anymore
Treating you like shit, pushing the limits cause now I dont give a fuck
Why play games when there should be no doubt there should be no fear
Afraid .....head games will keep you bound if you let it my dear
Cold as ice and Im comfortable with it
I hurt your feelings and now you wanna throw a fit
One plus one equals two
No one else matters in your equation but you
Said I was over it but Im still in my feelings
Writing and fighting my demons thats what I do
Done trying to win
Sometimes you have to lose to win
But what exactly was lost
Nothing but sleepless nights .....my mind and body paid the cost
Find another opponent cause Im through
Im tired of being that chic hoping you will change crying over you~SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment