Thursday, October 10, 2013

My Muse By Author Shana Jay

There is someone in my life that has made such a major impact and I don't think he knows. I'm not the easiest person to love yet this person loves me unconditionally. Not sure how I would manage without his wisdom. His words bring life to what was once dead and forgotten. When I find it hard to move forward he gives me the push and motivation I need to keep going. Through my tears he accepts my vulnerability never taking advantage of my fragile state. He is the mirror that reflects the good, bad, and the ugly. He holds me accountable for my actions.

 He loves me enough to take the risk of helping to repair the damages from past in order for me to become a better person. This process can be frustrating and instead of him taking the easy route and walking away he holds my hand through the journey. His words can be bittersweet because no one really wants to hear the truth about themselves. What kind of person would he be if he told me everything that I wanted hear. How is it possible to grow if I didnt get the nourishment I needed which is what he provides to my soul. I welcome his feedback. I seek his approval.

I have met alot of people in my lifetime but no one like him. He doesnt know how much I admire his strength and his patience. The characteristics that he holds balance the tidal waves of emotions that drive me to make irrational decisions. He is my Mr. Miyagi keeping me in line when I show signs of immaturity and only child syndrome blues. He is my muse. He gives me inspiration and new ideas. He pushes me to think critically and I know I grow a new brain-cell or two just listening to the thoughts inside of his head. I could go on and on but I just feel that he needed to read these words and know that his living is not in vain. He needed to know that regardless of our disagreements he does it for me.

 We are not meant to get along 100% of time. Our differences add spice to both of our lives and continues to keep that fire burning between us. I am honored to have a friend like him in my life. Someone who believes in me. Someone to share my dreams with. Someone who sees the potential in me. Someone who holds my heart in his hands. In my book he is a beautiful specimen of a man. To him I am grateful.  ~Sj

No comments:

Post a Comment