Saturday, October 5, 2013

Relax By Author Shana Jay

Relax? Not sure what that means 
Maybe if I dont speak it then I wont have to accept it 
Knowing that I’m not ready 
Knowing that the pressure I apply to the next is quite unfair 
Afraid that if I get too deep in it I could mess things up for both parties 
I dont want our worlds to be dismantled by titles but I really desire it 
Scared that the label will cause conflict but I want it 
Im there in my heart but my mind is telling me to relax 
Think twice ......
Friends say girl walk away no need to wait 
Society says I am the prize 
Steve Harvey says act like a lady think like a man 
If you pay close attention you would see that Im terrified 
I have to face my fear of rejection 
I have to allow the sands of time to build and relax my strong will
I dont want to be a fool making decisions off what things look like 
Suppressing my gift in order not to stir up the pot of controversy between us
Becoming someone that I dont recognize 
Afraid to write how I feel because Im afraid of the damage it may or may not do 
I have mastered the art of holding back but I cant seem to relax
My insecurities ....Ive learned to keep them subdued 
Its hard being me but easy to love you 
Relax, you do remember that last anxiety attack? 
Be anxious for nothing but Im losing control 
Im holding my breath I need to exhale
Turning blue in the face hoping that your words wont disappoint
If only you could see what that does to me you would be crushed 
Like a child waiting in the window dressed for her daddy to arrive .
Only to realize he will never come 
Yet she is still hopeful giving him chance after chance to redeem himself
 but he never comes through
Relax ...thats what daddy issues will do to you ~SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment