Friday, October 24, 2014

The Unexpected by Author Shana Jay

I could be ugly and destroy you with the venom of my words
 but that wouldnt be anything new to you
Thats all the women in your life tend to do 
As a matter of fact thats really what you expect 
I cant disrespect you all I can do is be direct 
I know you arent ready for someone like me 
As much as I dont want to see the smoke signals its critical that I take heed 
I supported I encouraged I did my best to help you see 
It was my goal to show you that love doesnt have to hurt
I tried to invite you into my reality  
It was more than a fling 
It was more than a simple flirt 
I saw something different in you 
I was supportive and thats something that you werent accustomed too 
I enjoyed the energy that you showed when you invited me into your world
I was able to let my hair down 
I was comfortable enough to take down the strong woman and be the playful little girl 
I cant continue to fill my head with questions ..asking myself “Why”
Sad to say I dont have the emotions to cry 
I refuse to do that 
All I can do is collect whats left of my heart and never look back 
Honestly I did love you 
But you were too afraid to let me show you 
You allowed your past to get in the way 
Im all too familiar with your defense mechanism...
Your actions showed that you didnt want me to stay 
In private you made me feel like I was your Queen 
The best thing since angel food icecream
In public you made me feel like a stranger 
Thats how I knew my emotions were in clear and present danger 
I bloomed in your sunshine 
I felt like you were mine 
Now I know better 
Didnt know you could be so cold....glad I packed sweater 
That lay away love 
I wasn’t priority not even in friendship 
You swept me under the rug 
Its cool though 
You were just another lesson
Thank you for helping me to grow ~SJ

No comments:

Post a Comment