Thursday, September 5, 2013

Reflection



What does your character hold 
I see the dirt let me check the root
All I see is the superficial, materialistic, fake weave with lipstick and a barbie doll smile
You capitalize on beauty but beyond the eyelashes can I find a brain
Yes your mindset is on trial 
Legs spread easy like mayonnaise 
Ass phat full of silicone dreams
The initial goal is to become a label whore, wear red bottoms and become a famous socialite always on the
 scene  
Beyond the makeup I discovered a frown 
Black girl where is your Crown?
When I grow up I want to be black mans dream 
Not his queen just a media puppet dancing to the intro of 12 play a lap dancing sex fiend
Twerking til his dick gets soft 
Twerking for 50,000 is this the cost of education 
What happened to writing an essay without hesitation?
Not sure if you can spell since texting has taken that quality straight to hell  
Its the real Housewives of wanna be’s 
This is the new reality 
Exploiting our very essence being pimped by our own kind 
Let me press rewind 
What happened to black women empowerment 
I tried this experiment 
I speak, I tell you how pretty you are 
All I get is a blank stare as you walk off on your imaginary red carpet cause in your world you're 
already a star
Poor little uneducated girl caught up in M.A.C. Glam 
When will you realize the world is your oyster that you're indeed the pearl 
Face beat down eyebrows on point but your self esteem needs the makeover
Hair long, the china doll phase full of issues unknown 
I look into the eyes of an empty vessel on instagram taking pictures with your camera phone
I just want you to know the definition of self worth
Its more to you than manicured nails and a Micheal Kors purse 
You are the future not some harlot selling out to the ways of the world 
I believe in you 
I want you to be all that you can be
You are beautiful, universal
Remember black girl life is not a rehearsal 
You are a reflection of me ~SJ 

No comments:

Post a Comment